This website uses modern construction techniques, which may not render correctly in your old browser.
We recommend updating your browser for the best online experience.

Visit to help you select an upgrade.

Skip to Content

NCC NZ can not help you obtain your Full Criminal Record. 

You can only obtain it directly from the Ministry of Justice.

Normally, if you’re eligible for a clean slate, your record will automatically be concealed under the Clean Slate scheme. However sometimes you might need to give your full record, including convictions that would normally be concealed automatically under the Clean Slate scheme.

It is unusual to be asked for your full record. In fact for most jobs, it is against the law for an employer to ask for, or make you reveal, your full record.

However you might need your full record when you are:applying for specific jobs (such as police, prison or probation roles)

  • involved in court cases or tribunal hearings
  • travelling to certain countries – check with the embassy or consulate of the country you want to travel to.


Was this helpful?

Can't find the answer to your question?