As a proud Australian, it has been difficult to watch the scale and ferocity of the bushfires unfolding across our country. These fires have been of unprecedented magnitude and have taken the lives and homes of our fellow Australians and our precious flora and fauna.
I speak on behalf of the entire National Crime Check team in saying our hearts go out to those that have been impacted by the devastating bushfires, and we salute and truly appreciate the courage and dedication of the firefighters and fire service workers battling the fires, along with all the support service workers aiding those affected by the fires.
To show our support National Crime Check will donate $15,000 to the Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund. This donation will hopefully provide some assistance to those impacted by the fires and of the services deployed to assist them. The Australian Red Cross has been assisting the impacted communities by providing:
- Evacuation and recovery centres in NSW, South Australia, and Victoria
- Deliveries of water and food to affected communities
- Satellite phones to communities cut off in Victoria
- Trained personnel
- Psychological first aid, registration services and telephone wellbeing checks
- Hotline for enquiries
- Outreach with travellers and locals stranded by fires in Western Australia
- Recovery evaluations in affected towns to help rebuild after the fires
On behalf of the team at National Crime Check, we hope that our donation goes a little way to support the rebuilding of homes, lives and communities.
We encourage businesses and individuals alike to donate to the Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund, please visit https://www.redcross.org.au/campaigns/disaster-relief-and-recovery-donate or please donate to any of the other registered charities or fire services assisting in the disaster relief efforts.
Martin Lazarevic, General Manager, National Crime Check