Are there any limitations on the accuracy and use of the Police Check?
- The accuracy and quality of this National Police History Check (NPHC) depends on accurate identification of the Applicant (including aliases) according to the information provided in the Application Form and the comprehensiveness of police records.
- Whilst every care has been taken to conduct a search of Police History Information held by Australian Police Agencies that relate to the Applicant, the police check report may not include all Police History Information. Reasons for this include correct name matching and the operation of laws that prevent disclosure of certain police history information.
- The NPHC is a point in time check and should not be relied upon for an unreasonable amount of time.
- To the extent permitted by law, all information provided in this report is made available for use on the following conditions
- National Crime Check makes no representation or warranty of any kind without limitation in respect to accuracy;
- The information in a police check report should form only one part of any process for determining a person’s suitability for any entitlement, profession, undertaking, appointment or employment.
- To the extent permitted by law, National Crime Check accepts no responsibility or liability for any error or omission in the information.
The information provided on the police check report has been obtained according to the following process:
- National Crime Check using the National Police Checking Service searches a central index for potential matches with the name(s) of the Applicant;
- The National Police Checking Service compares name matches with Police History Information held in Australian police records;
- The National Police Checking Service identifies any Police History Information held in their police records and releases the information subject to relevant spent convictions, non-disclosure legislation, reasons for check/check purposes or information release policies;
- The National Police Checking Service provides a result of the NPHC to National Crime Check indicating that a record of Police History Information relating to the Applicant is held or not; and
- The National Police Checking Service provides that Police History Information to National Crime Check.
Can't find the answer to your question?